Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Week 8

I am the Atomic Learning point of contact for my campus so this is not new to me. I have been working on incorporating podcasting on my campus so I have view the tutorial on it a couple of times. It has been very helpful.

The projects in Atomic Learning do seem somewhat limited for the elementary age students but I found a couple I might use. Storyboard is great for writing lessons, author studies, and a quasi-graphic organizer. I don’t see a lot of hurdles to implement this piece as it is success oriented. Where I do see some “challenges” is getting my teachers to buy into investing the time to learning the program so that they will see the benefits. Our teachers are asked to do so much anymore that sometimes it seems like “just one more thing to do” to them. I think I will hit up my principal to get her to let me use 10-15 minutes of a staff meeting one day to share Storyboard with our fantastic staff.

Now to be truthful on the 21st Century Skills—I got assigned a tutorial the first time I took this assessment about 4-5 months ago. I do feel much more knowledgeable now but also realize that the learning curve on technology will always but an upward curve for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment